Sunday

How many ways can you make grilled cheese?

I heard somewhere about a restaurant that served JUST grilled cheese. I really have to track down that restaurant. I could gladly live on grilled cheese. My favorite to date is one that I made myself one night for dinner and I actually surprised myself. I started with just a plain slice of cheese... the kind that comes in the wrapper, buttered two slices of bread, slapped on the slice of cheese, and slapped the other slice of  buttered bread on top. I know, I know... I shouldn't have buttered the bread, but hey, it tastes better than way. Oh wait, I forgot that I tossed on a handful of dried onion flakes... yes a good couple of rounded tablespoons and then put the bread on top. To finish, I buttered the other side of the bread, plunked it onto the frying pan (cast iron) and then buttered the second side.  IT WAS AMAZING!  I don't generally butter every side of the bread, but every once in a while, I have to do it like Mom did...   I wonder what little tricks that particular restaurant has come up with?? One of these days, I am going to track it down!

No comments:

This Afternoon's Cooking Quote

"Don't Take Whisks" Unknown   LOL... but it's the taking of "whisks" that produces the best results!! ...