Thursday

Toasted Amaranth

No, I never heard of it either, but apparently it is a grain that the Aztecs knew about and from what I have been reading, we should too. There's lots that you can do with it, but I especially liked the fact that you could toast it and then sprinkle it on salads. It has a mild nutty flavor that would enhance the salad I should think. And come to think about it, I just might toss a handful into the bread machine the next time I make bread.

I like things easy... can you tell lol!



Before you leave, why not sign up to follow me. Something new every day! :) It's in the right hand side! Would love to have you join us!

No comments:

How To Cut An Onion...

I don't know who taught me to chop onions, but whoever it was, didn't know any more than I did. Apparently you aren't supposed ...