6 to 8 tea bags
1 quart hot water (4 cups)
1 quart cold water (4 cups)
1/2 cup sugar or 1/4 cup honey, optional
lemon or lime wedges, optional
1. Measure water in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
2. Add the tea bags and allow to steep for about 10 minutes.
3. Remove tea bags
4. You will be using a 2 quart pitcher so now is the time to add the quart of cold water, followed by the hot tea.
5. Allow to chill in the refrigerator so that it will be ready when you are.
6. Pour over ice with a wedge of lemon or lime.