Tuesday

Homemade Mustards for Christmas

You have to admit... the kind of mustard that we are used to is kind of boring. I know that I would be big time impressed if someone took the time to whip me up a batch of homemade mustard.  Here's a really easy one that I think I will try this afternoon... if I have any dill weed on hand!




Honey Mustard

1 c dry mustard (we always have this on hand because G likes to make his own English mustard)
1 c White or malt vinegar
2 Eggs
1/2 c Honey,
2 tb chopped dillweed


Measure out the mustard and then add the vinegar, stirring until you have a smooth paste. Cover the jar and leave in the fridge over the weekend.



On Monday, remove your vinegar mixture from the fridge and pour into a bowl. Add your eggs and honey and incorporate them into the  mixture. Cook until thickened (using a double boiler) until your mustard has thickened nicely.

Allow to cool and then stir in the dill. Pour into decorative jars and then store in that extra fridge you have in the basement  for when you need a quick little gift!!
 





tags: mustard, honey mustard, gift giving ideas






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

A Clean Kitchen Makes Me Want To Cook!!

 This week, I think that I will bless my kitchen . In my house, the messiest spot is usually under the sink so that is what I'm going ...