1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter or regular margarine, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
2 cups (12 ounce pkg) mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
1. Put on some Christmas music, your favorite apron and then get out a bowl. You are going to cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt until fluffy. Now add a bit of flower a little at a time until it is all worked in. Now add the chocolate chips and nuts.
2. Scoop out tablespoons of dough and form into a ball. Bake at 375 degrees until they are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and sift snow (icing sugar) over the little snowballs. Allow to cool before eating, but I doubt that you will last that long! You should have about 6 dozen if you don't eat them all first. If you can hold off, try cooling them on a metal cooling rack.
Things To Consider
1. If these cookies are to be shared, be sure that you are aware of any allergies that your child’s friends might have.
2. Keep your own hands clean. While preparing the food, you will probably touch about a zillion different surfaces. Be sure to wash your hands often!
3. Read the recipe twice… at least. I have quickly scanned a recipe, that then completely missed the fact that I needed eggs. Yes, definitely been there and done that.
4. And be sure that you cover the page of the cookbook that you aren’t using. I have combined recipes more than once. Sometimes, I have gotten away with it, other times I haven’t! Better to be safe than sorry.
5. As you run out of ingredients, make sure that you write them down on a shopping list that you have tacked to the fridge. It makes baking so much easier if you actually have all the ingredients!
6. For best results, be certain that all of your ingredients are fresh. It does make a big difference.
7. I actually use a lot of powdered milk in my baking. That way I can make the amount I need and there is no chance that we will run out when breakfast time rolls around.
Find a bare spot on your kitchen wall and then choose your word... I personally like "Wish" but you get to choose your own word. ...
A little more upscale than we usually see for suspending bananas. And I hate bananas that ripen too quickly. They usually get passed along ...
After 40 years... yeah I know, I have a lot of stuff in that drawer than I don't need. I have lids that don't go with any pots and...
Those paper menus that serve as place mats... tuck one into your handbag and when you get home check to see how many meals that you could...