There are cookies that have about twenty steps to them and then there are cookies or goodies that you pretty much just throw everything into a bowl, stir and then spoon out onto a cookie sheet. If it’s fast to whip up, I want to know about them. I hope that you will follow my series of Cookies you can whip up with your eyes closed. So lets get started. Grab your apron and lets make some cookies!
Recipe: Summer Shortbread
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup butter
1. Combine the dry ingredients.
2. Add the softened butter and incorporate into the dry ingredients.
3. Roll into bite size pieces and arrange on a cookie sheet.
4. Flatten with a fork and then bake in a slow oven (325 degrees) until golden. This should take about 15 minutes.
Things To Consider
1. If these cookies are to be shared, be sure that you are aware of any allergies that your child’s friends might have.
2. Keep your own hands clean. While preparing the food, you will probably touch about a zillion different surfaces. Be sure to wash your hands often!
3. Read the recipe twice… at least. I have quickly scanned a recipe, that then completely missed the fact that I needed eggs. Yes, definitely been there and done that.
4. And be sure that you cover the page of the cookbook that you aren’t using. I have combined recipes more than once. Sometimes, I have gotten away with it, other times I haven’t! Better to be safe than sorry.
5. As you run out of ingredients, make sure that you write them down on a shopping list that you have tacked to the fridge. It makes baking so much easier if you actually have all the ingredients!
6. For best results, be certain that all of your ingredients are fresh. It does make a big difference.
7. I actually use a lot of powdered milk in my baking. That way I can make the amount I need and there is no chance that we will run out when breakfast time rolls around.
goodies, cookies, baking, baked goods, fast and easy recipes, children’s lunches
Find a bare spot on your kitchen wall and then choose your word... I personally like "Wish" but you get to choose your own word. ...
A little more upscale than we usually see for suspending bananas. And I hate bananas that ripen too quickly. They usually get passed along ...
After 40 years... yeah I know, I have a lot of stuff in that drawer than I don't need. I have lids that don't go with any pots and...
Those paper menus that serve as place mats... tuck one into your handbag and when you get home check to see how many meals that you could...