Thursday

Graham Cracker Brownie Things… Homemade from Your Kitchen

Summary: The kids are asking for cookies and you have little or no time to make anything. But do you. Cookies don’t have to be difficult and time consuming! Not my cookies anyway.  Head to the kitchen. I have provided some recipes that even I can't mess up!
-----------------------
There are cookies that have about twenty steps to them and then there are cookies or goodies that you pretty much just throw everything into a bowl, stir and then spoon out onto a cookie sheet. If it’s fast to whip up, I want to know about them. I hope that you will follow my series of Cookies you can whip up with your eyes closed.  So lets get started. Grab your apron and lets make some cookies!

Recipe: Graham Cracker Brownie Things
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup melted butter
3 T cocoa
1/2 cup white sugar
1. Boil the above ingredients for about a minute. Now add...
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
10 double graham crackers, smashed
Combine thoroughly and then press into a buttered pan to cool. Slather the top with chocolate frosting out of a can (if you are like me lol... just easier and quicker that way)
Place in the fridge to cool and then cut into squares to serve.
1. Combine the dry ingredients.
2. Add the softened butter and incorporate into the dry ingredients.
3. Roll into bite size pieces and arrange on a cookie sheet.
4. Flatten with a fork and then bake in a slow oven (325 degrees) until golden. This should take about 15 minutes.
.
Things To Consider
1. If these cookies are to be shared, be sure that you are aware of any allergies that your child’s friends might have.
2. Keep your own hands clean. While preparing the food, you will probably touch about a zillion different surfaces. Be sure to wash your hands often!
3. Read the recipe twice… at least. I have quickly scanned a recipe, that then completely missed the fact that I needed eggs. Yes, definitely been there and done that.
4. And be sure that you cover the page of the cookbook that you aren’t using. I have combined recipes more than once. Sometimes, I have gotten away with it, other times I haven’t! Better to be safe than sorry.
5. As you run out of ingredients, make sure that you write them down on a shopping list that you have tacked to the fridge. It makes baking so much easier if you actually have all the ingredients!
6. For best results, be certain that all of your ingredients are fresh. It does make a big difference.
7. I actually use a lot of powdered milk in my baking. That way I can make the amount I need and there is no chance that we will run out when breakfast time rolls around.
Tags: goodies, brownies, baking, baked goods, fast and easy recipes, children’s lunches, brownies, chocolate frosting, graham crackers

No comments:

This Afternoon's Cooking Quote

"Don't Take Whisks" Unknown   LOL... but it's the taking of "whisks" that produces the best results!! ...