Easy Desserts… Homemade from Your Kitchen
Summary: The kids are asking for cookies and you have little or no time to make anything. But do you. Cookies don’t have to be difficult and time consuming! Not my cookies anyway. Head to the kitchen. I have provided some recipes that even I can't mess up!
There are easy desserts that have about twenty steps to them and then there are desserts that you pretty much just throw everything into a bowl, stir and then spoon into a baking dish. If it’s fast to whip up, I want to know about them. I hope that you will follow my series of easy desserts you can whip up with your eyes closed. So lets get started. Grab your apron and lets make some cookies!
Recipe: Today's Dessert
See just how many different kinds of fruit you have in your fridge and make fruit salad. I can remember paying big bucks as a teenager living downtown Toronto for the summer. I especially liked the strawberries... which were few and far between, but I hit that restaurant almost every day for my take-out dessert!! If you are making it yourself, you can toss in as many strawberries as you like!
Things To Consider
1. If this dessert is to be shared with other children, be sure that you are aware of any allergies that your child’s friends might have.
2. Keep your own hands clean. While preparing the food, you will probably touch about a zillion different surfaces. Be sure to wash your hands often!
3. Read the recipe twice… at least. I have quickly scanned a recipe, that then completely missed the fact that I needed eggs. Yes, definitely been there and done that.
4. And be sure that you cover the page of the cookbook that you aren’t using. I have combined recipes more than once. Sometimes, I have gotten away with it, other times I haven’t! Better to be safe than sorry.
5. As you run out of ingredients, make sure that you write them down on a shopping list that you have tacked to the fridge. It makes baking so much easier if you actually have all the ingredients!
6. For best results, be certain that all of your ingredients are fresh. It does make a big difference.
7. I actually use a lot of powdered milk in my baking. That way I can make the amount I need and there is no chance that we will run out when breakfast time rolls around.
Tags: fruit salad, dessert ideas, healthy desserts, fast and easy recipes, children’s lunches
Find a bare spot on your kitchen wall and then choose your word... I personally like "Wish" but you get to choose your own word. ...
A little more upscale than we usually see for suspending bananas. And I hate bananas that ripen too quickly. They usually get passed along ...
We were all quite excited to move to the country and have an honest to goodness garden that someone else planted for us. We have just cut u...
"Don't Take Whisks" Unknown LOL... but it's the taking of "whisks" that produces the best results!! ...