My Favorite Summer Drink and the Most Common Mistakes
Summary: It's time to fire up the barbecue or grill and invite all of your friends over for an amazing afternoon. I'm sharing my favorite recipe as well as some things you don't want to do!!
Summers are all about picnics and get-togethers, but it is so easy to make simple little mistakes that can cause your guests to get sick and you really don't want people to remember your summer barbecue as the time they left and spent the night feeling ill. So, I'm going to give you my favorite recipe with a few little reminders so that your guests remember their time spent with you... with fond memories.
* 1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
* 1 fresh lemon
* 1 1/4 cups white sugar
* 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
1. Spoon out the lemonade concentrate and transfer to a large pitcher.
2. Add enough water to make a gallon.
3. Wash lemon thoroughly and then grate the zest. Add to lemonade in the pitcher.
4. Roll the lemon on the countertop to make squeezing easier and then cut in half and squeeze as much of the juice into the pitcher as you can.
5. In a small bowl, crush the mint leaves into the sugar using a wooden spoon. Stir into the lemonade and then cover and chill for several hours to allow the flavors to meld.
6. Spoon out as many of the leaves as possible and then serve over ice. You can garnish with a sprig of mint if you want to get fancy ;)
Things Not To Do
1. Be sure that you are aware of any allergies that your friends might have.
2. Keep food inside until the very last minute so that you don't have to fight with insects or the heat. THIS ALSO GOES FOR DRINKS. FLIES LOVE TO SAMPLE!!
3. Be sure you know exactly how many people will be attending and how many chairs you will need. AND DO YOU HAVE ENOUGH GLASSES TO GO AROUND??
4. Have sun block just in case someone forgot to apply theirs... Men do this all the time. You won't have to say a word, just leave it sitting in the bathroom where they can see it.
5. Keep your own hands clean. While preparing the food, you will probably touch about a zillion different surfaces. Be sure to wash your hands often!
6. If you are offering fresh fruit twists in your drinks, be sure to also wash them thoroughly. You have no idea how many people at the supermarket have handled the same item before you purchased it.
7. It might be a good idea to serve the food inside... buffet style and then let your friends take their drinks outside to the picnic area!
Find a bare spot on your kitchen wall and then choose your word... I personally like "Wish" but you get to choose your own word. ...
All you have to do is grow nasturtiums. They are simple to grow... look gorgeous and the flowers are edible... I can thank my daughter-in ...
I must have 50 tea towels, but a lot of them are really getting threadbare and maybe it's time to put them into the car washing bag of...
I'm going to make a Huge pot of oatmeal in the crock pot and when it's done, I'm going to toss in one packet on flavored Ins...