Saturday

Lemon Blueberry muffins

Ingredients

2 eggs, beaten to blend

1/2 cup sugar

3/4 cup vegetable oil

3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon grated lemon peel

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1/8 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup fresh blueberries




Directions

Set the oven 350ºF and then fill your muffin tin with liners. Yes, I still use the paper ones.

Beat the eggs and sugar until fluffy and then add the oil, just a tiny bit at a time. Now finish up with the lemon juice and the peel.

So that I don’t make a mess of the island, I usually sift the dry ingredients over a plastic chopping board. Works for me. I just hate a messy kitchen. Once the dry ingredients have been sifted, mix into your batter. Dust the blueberries in a little flour and then fold into your batter. Spoon into your muffin cups and then bake for about 25 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack and then serve. Great with coffee in the morning.

I tend to constantly cut down on sugar, so adjust accordingly. My mom and sister are both diabetic, so I'm doing my best to reduce the sugar everywhere I can. Hey, you get used to it lol... 

No comments:

Simple/Easy Menus... Where I Get My Best Ideas!!

 Those paper menus that serve as place mats... tuck one into your handbag and when you get home check to see how many meals that you could...