Wednesday

This Morning Is All About Comfort Food

Campbell's Soup I, 1968

It's a cold, rainy day here in Chicago and I'm thinking ahead to lunch... which I'm hoping will be soup. My daughter is home today and she hates to share the kitchen with anyone... so I pretty much get whatever she comes up with, but I did mention that tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches would be good! Here's hoping that she listened!

What I remember... somewhere along the line I have this memory of only being allowed to crush 5 crackers into our bowl of soup and for years and years, it was the standing joke. It wasn't until my mom came for a visit a few years ago, that I brought up the memory and she said that there was no such restriction?? I was sure that we were only allowed 5 crackers?? Where else would I have come up with the thought??

Anyway, I still have a hard time taking more than the 5... which everyone in the family thinks is hilarious.

"You can have more than 5 Mom... Nan said so," My daughter will point out and then start to laugh!

So, what is your comfort food for a cold, rainy day lunch?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

This Afternoon's Cooking Quote

"Don't Take Whisks" Unknown   LOL... but it's the taking of "whisks" that produces the best results!! ...