Sunday

Sausage Casserole

CassouletImage by Benjamin Harrison via Flickr

2 pounds sausage meat
2 cups cheese... shredded
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 cup of sour cream
8 oz of onion dip
1 chopped onion
1/4 cup green pepper chopped
1/4 cup red pepper chopped
salt and pepper
30 ounce bag of thawed, shredded hash brown potatoes

1. In a frying pan, brown the sausage meat and then drain off the fat. Set aside.
2. Combine the cheese, soup, the sour cream, the dip and the chopped veggies as well as a little salt and pepper. (How much salt and pepper you use is up to you, but just a pinch works well for our family.
3. Stir in the hash browns.
4. Scoop out half of the hash brown mixture and spread over the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish that you have greased before hand.
5. Spoon half of the sausage meat over the hash browns and then cover with the last half of the hash brown potatoes.
6. Finish off with another layer of sausage and then bake for about an our. Casserole should be a nice golden brown color.

For those of you who don't like sausage... don't be too quick to judge. I hated sausage just about all of my life and it wasn't until I tasted this dish, that I changed my mind!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

How To Cut An Onion...

I don't know who taught me to chop onions, but whoever it was, didn't know any more than I did. Apparently you aren't supposed ...