Tuesday

Rule of 7: Favorite Cookie Recipes for Christmas

Vitrine Lu

Okay, I live in a household that really doesn't like a lot of desserts... don't ask me why, because they certainly don't take after me. If it's sweet, chances are pretty good that I will like it! Not so with my kids. For years and years, all they would eat were cookies... and they didn't have to be fancy. I had the plainest sugar cookie recipe and as long as I sprinkled it with a little colored sugar, they loved them. So, I'm offering a sugar cookie recipe for you and then some that you can't help but love and they will come in quite handy if you find yourself invited to a cookie exchange this holiday season.

Old Fashioned Soft Sugar Cookies Just be sure to stock up on colored sugar!

Millionaire's Shortbread Bars... the minute that you add chocolate, you have taken it to a whole new level.

No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies Just five ingredients needed and I'm pretty sure that you will find them all in your pantry!

Oatmeal Cookies... my daughter just stopped by my office and when she saw that I was writing about cookies, she said that I just had to include a recipe for oatmeal cookies. And this one has baking soda as an ingredient. Have no idea what it does to the flavor, but it does something to the flavor that I wasn't expecting.

A Pair of Tinned Sheet Metal Cookie Cutters, Pennsylvania, 19th Century

My kids also had a thing for cookie cutters and they really earned brownie points at school when they took "fancy cookies" to school parties. Do they still make mom's do that? It seemed that I was always baking cookies for some school function. Anyway, it's been a while so I went looking to see what kind of cookie cutters I could find for Christmas. Hey, my kids might be all grown up, but I'm hoping that some homemade cookies for Christmas might bring out the kid in them.

Snowflake Cookie Cutters Frost them in white and then add a sprinkle of blue sugar and your little snowflakes will look awfully cute.

Wilton Cookie Tree Cutter Kit Who knew that you could get something that looked this impressive simply by changing the size of the cookie! Now this is impressive!

Gingerbread Boy Cookie Cutters Four different sizes of cutters so that you could make an entire little family of gingerbread boys!

So... head off to the kitchen and whip yourself up some cookies!

No comments:

Simple/Easy Menus... Where I Get My Best Ideas!!

 Those paper menus that serve as place mats... tuck one into your handbag and when you get home check to see how many meals that you could...