Sunday

My Kitchen Secrets... okay 5 of them!

cooking area, kitchen display, laundryroom, Se...Image by Wonderlane via Flickr

Here is a quick, inexpensive way to clean any stainless steel in your kitchen. All you need is a bar of soap and a damp dish cloth. Simply rub the damp cloth over the soap, wipe down the stainless steel surface and then buff with a dry cloth. All marks will disappear and the surface will shine like a mirror!

Just in case you haven't splurged on a ring for your pancakes, try using a turkey baster. It picks up a uniform amount of batter and then squeeze the batter onto the frying surface.

Here is a little secret for all of you stuffing lovers. My husband uses a packet that you buy from the supermarket and then adds roasted chestnuts and bakes it. It comes out dry and crunchy and perfect for adding to turkey sandwiches.

No patience when frying onions?? Add a bit of salt to the frying pan and for some reason, they simply fry up faster. Don't ask me why because I haven't a clue.

With Christmas right around the corner, I thought that I would add this little trick to help you crack Brazil nuts. Put them in a warm oven for a half hour. Makes a big difference!

When you try a recipe for the first time, be sure to date it and write a little comment. It makes for great reading years later. I have some comments that can be traced back to the year I was married!


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

This Afternoon's Cooking Quote

"Don't Take Whisks" Unknown   LOL... but it's the taking of "whisks" that produces the best results!! ...