Saturday

No-Bake Butterscotch Haystacks

I'm sure that mom used to make something like this when I was a kid and we loved them. They were sort of a combination cookie/candy. All I remember is that they tasted pretty good! So, I'm sharing the recipe.

Here are the ingredients...



* 1 cup HERSHEY'S Butterscotch Chips
* 1/2 cup REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips
* 1 tablespoon shortening(do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil)
* 1-1/2 cups (3-oz. can) chow mein noodles, coarsely broken

And this is coming from the Hershey Kitchen, so you know that it's going to be good!


Easy to follow instructions...

2 comments:

Grace said...

how coincidental that this is the first post Iisee on your blog—i LOVE these things, and i could probably eat my weight in them if given the chance. :)

spb said...

Tell me about it. I'm sure that I probably did eat my weight in them as a kid... now pretty much the same lol... if they are there, I eat them ;)

This Afternoon's Cooking Quote

"Don't Take Whisks" Unknown   LOL... but it's the taking of "whisks" that produces the best results!! ...