Wednesday

Mustard and Orange Turkey Breast - Crockpot Recipe

a w:slow cooker Oval Crock PotImage via Wikipedia



* One fresh bone-in turkey breast
* 3 Tbsp. mustard (whatever flavor you have handy)
* 2/3 cup orange juice
* pinch salt
* twist of pepper

Preparation:

Remove the skin and then place the turkey breast in the slow cooker. Spoon your mustard over the breast and then sprinkle with salt and the pepper. I'm not really big on amounts when I cook. My pinch is whatever I can squeeze between my two fingers and my twist of pepper is whatever comes out when I twist the pepper mill. If I want more, I give it another twist. ;)

Pour juice over the turkey and put the lid on the crockpot. Cook on low for about 8 hours or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked. We have served this over noodles or rice... whatever you fancy. Actually, I think that we have even pulled the meat apart and wrapped it in pitas. Pretty versatile. ;)




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

This Afternoon's Cooking Quote

"Don't Take Whisks" Unknown   LOL... but it's the taking of "whisks" that produces the best results!! ...