Thursday

Ice Cream Trivia

Strawberry ice cream in a cone.Image via Wikipedia



Just in case you always wanted to know, I went looking to see what I could find on the topic of ice cream. My reasoning... it's not as easy to make as it looks. We just made a batch of ice cream and it's not tasting the way I expected it to. So, we either play around with it by adding stuff to it until it tastes better, or we dump it. In the meantime I thought that I would go looking for a bit of trivia!




Believe it or not, the average cow can produce enough milk to make 9000 gallons of ice cream!

People in New York City were enjoying ice cream as far back as 1776 when the first ice cream parlor supposedly opened!

If someone was to ask you what the most popular day for buying ice cream would be, what would you say?? Saturday?? Surprisingly enough, the answer is Sunday!

Ice cream may have been served in 1776, but it wasn't until 1886 that the first cone was made. I wonder just how many cones are consumed each year? I wonder how many products are still waiting to be thought of? Boggles the mind doesn't it!

Sources:

Fun Facts On Ice Cream

MakeIceCream.com


Food Reference

Cyber Space Farm





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

How To Cut An Onion...

I don't know who taught me to chop onions, but whoever it was, didn't know any more than I did. Apparently you aren't supposed ...