Friday

Easy Cornbread Recipe



Ingredients:
Butter: 1/3 cup
Flour: 1 cup
Cornmeal: 1 cup
Milk: 1 cup
Sugar: 1/2 cup
Baking powder: 1 tsp
Egg: 2


Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 F.

2. Melt the butter on medium heat or nuke it slowly.

3. When butter has melted, add milk, sugar and cornmeal. Stir until mixture has thickened.

4. Allow mixture to cool.

* In separate bowl, gently beat the eggs and baking powder together. Now, add flour and cornmeal mixture to it. Stir until lumps dissolve.

* Grease pan with oil and then pour in batter.

* Bake for 30-35 min until golden brown. Wooden testing skewer should come out dry when inserted into cornbread wedges.


Love this pan... it makes the cornbread nice and crispy on the outside. *Note... if I have time and I remember lol... I sometimes preheat the cornbread pan, but if I forget, it still works. ;)

Pan available at Amazon.com: Nordic Ware Scottish Scone & Cornbread Pan

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

How To Cut An Onion...

I don't know who taught me to chop onions, but whoever it was, didn't know any more than I did. Apparently you aren't supposed ...