Wednesday

The Cornbread Book: A Love Story with Recipes (9780060096793): Jeremy Jackson: Books


I always spend time in bookstores perusing their cookbooks. I love looking at the photographs first of all and then its the anecdotes that grab my attention. Just love them. It reminds me of all the times that my mom made cornbread... but if I'm not mistaken, she always called it Johnny Cake and it was sweet. Loved it and it is actually something that I can pull off.

Now that I am thinking about it, I will have to ask my own mom where her first recipe for corn bread originated? I'm not sure if I remember Nanny ever making corn bread... but she was a wicked baker, so I wouldn't be surprised. And here is a little anecdote of my own. Nanny owned ONE frying pan and she cooked absolutely everything in that frying pan. I swear all the flavors in that pan just made her dishes taste that much better.

Amazon.com: The Cornbread Book: A Love Story with Recipes (9780060096793): Jeremy Jackson: Books

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

How To Cut An Onion...

I don't know who taught me to chop onions, but whoever it was, didn't know any more than I did. Apparently you aren't supposed ...