Image via WikipediaYou want to serve a salad for dinner, but someone used up all of the salad dressing?? This recipe is an old stand-by!
* 1 head lettuce
* 1 medium purple onion or sweet onion, sliced
* left-over peas (you can use as much or as little as you want
* grated cheese or whatever kind of cheese you might have on hand
* 3 slices bacon, fried crisp and then crumbled
1. Wash and tear lettuce or whatever greens you are using into small pieces. Dump into a large bowl.
2. You can wing this... but scoop out a small amount of mayonnaise and drizzle over greens. (You are going to be layering the salad, so go easy.
3. Slice red onion and arrange over the lettuce. Now sprinkle a small amount of sugar over the onion.
4. Continue with a layer of peas and then some grated cheese.
5 Continue adding more layers of lettuce, mayonnaise, onion etc until all the ingredients are in the bowl.
6. Place a layer of foil over the bowl and transfer to the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
7. When you serve the salad you will find that the onion was "weeped" into the mayonnaise and formed the dressing. Before serving sprinkle with bacon bits and you are done.
Are you following me on Twitter?