Friday

Caramelized Chutney

*6 onions ( I like red onions)
*3 cups balsamic vinegar
*3 cups brown sugar
*small handful of peppercorns (crushed)
* a couple of bay leaves


Chop the onions finely... I don't like to see bits in my chutney... but that's a personal choice.

Saute in olive oil until they are soft. Did I ever mention the fact that I use olive oil just about everywhere? I have even begun to use it on my face. Makes a great moisturizer, but lets get back to our chutney lol...

Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil and then simmer until onions have gone translucent and the liquid has pretty much boiled away.

Doesn't get much easier than that! ;)

No comments:

Simple/Easy Menus... Where I Get My Best Ideas!!

 Those paper menus that serve as place mats... tuck one into your handbag and when you get home check to see how many meals that you could...