Saturday

Summer Salads Need Flowers Too

Tropaeolum majusImage via Wikipedia

Salads can look pretty ho hum after a few months, but I can still remember a summer dinner that my future daughter-in-law hosted. She had garnished the plates with nasturtium flowers and assured us that they were edible. So not only did the table look summery, the flowers actually added a flavor all of their own. And even nicer, the nasturtiums came right from her garden! Not only did the dinner have a summer festivity to it, she had only to walk to the back yard to find everything she needed.

Here are a few suggestions of flowers that you can actually eat.
*gladiolus
*violets
*snapdragons
*dandelion petals
and of course the nasturtium flowers.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

A Clean Kitchen Makes Me Want To Cook!!

 This week, I think that I will bless my kitchen . In my house, the messiest spot is usually under the sink so that is what I'm going ...