Wednesday

Chicken Comfort in a Crockpot

A can of tomato paste next to two heads of garlicImage via Wikipedia

Have I mentioned how much I love crockpots. Just dump in the ingredients, plug it in and then go shopping. Does it get any easier than that?? Nah, I don't think so.

What You Will Need:

1 large onion, thinly sliced
2-3 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
2 - 6 ounce cans of tomato paste
1/4 cup of dry white wine
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon of dried basil
1/2 teaspoon of celery seed
1 bay leaf

Take the onions and layer them in the bottom of the crockpot. Arrange chicken on top of the onions.

Add all of the other ingredients into a bowl and stir to combine. Now dump that over your chicken and onions and the prep is done. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours, depending on how long you want to shop ;)

Serve over spaghetti or if have run out of spaghetti as I have on numerous occasions, I have also used brown rice as a substitute. To everyone else it will seem like you have been in the kitchen all day!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Simple/Easy Menus... Where I Get My Best Ideas!!

 Those paper menus that serve as place mats... tuck one into your handbag and when you get home check to see how many meals that you could...