Thursday

Apples and Carrots Don't Mix

70.145.93.Image via Wikipedia

I bet that you thought that I meant apples and oranges didn't you lol... but no, I really did mean apples and carrots. Apparently you should never prewash apples before you put them into the crisper drawer and don't even think about storing them in the same drawer as the carrots. Apparently doing so will make the carrots bitter! It has something to do with the ethylene gas... so now you know. And here is something that I just found out. You can apparently freeze apples. You are going to have to slice them first, sprinkle them with lemon juice and then store in freezer bags. In doing so, you are that much closer to having dessert at least half made!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Simple/Easy Menus... Where I Get My Best Ideas!!

 Those paper menus that serve as place mats... tuck one into your handbag and when you get home check to see how many meals that you could...