Friday

Coffee with no Cream

{{Potd/2006-08-30 (en)}}Image via Wikipedia

If you had asked me a few months ago I would have told you that there was no way that I could drink coffee without adding Half and Half. I have even tried drinking coffee with regular milk, thinking that I could work my way down to skim milk, but coffee just wasn't drinkable if there wasn't a healthy amount of cream in it. Now if you add whipping cream and maybe a little grand marnia to it... even better but I am getting away from my topic.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to go on a strict liquid diet for a test that I was to take and it meant that if I wanted coffee in the morning... well it was going to have to be black. Scary I know, but it turned out to be easier than I ever imagined. I did have to add a little water to it to mellow it out, but I went on to drink two cups of it and came away with no coffee-withdrawl headache.

So, did I go back to cream in my coffee? Well, you know the answer to that don't you lol... I'm thinking that with all the cream that I'm not adding to my coffee... well, it will work out quite nicely when I slip into my bathing suit this summer. To achieve a smaller waistline... I can live with black coffee quite happily!



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Simple/Easy Menus... Where I Get My Best Ideas!!

 Those paper menus that serve as place mats... tuck one into your handbag and when you get home check to see how many meals that you could...