Tuesday

Vanilla Bean Whole Madagascar Pure


Did I ever mention the fact that I make my own vanilla by dropping a couple of pods, which have been opened and scraped, into a small bottle of vodka. When the vodka turns almost black (and it will take a while) you have an amazing bottle of vanilla to use in your baking. The vodka burns off in baking in case you were wondering. And because it takes so long... the minute you begin using your vodka vanilla, start another batch. I can't remember who told me how to do this, but the stuff is amazing.

And just in case you were wondering, the entire pod and scrapings go straight into the vodka to start the process.

Vanilla Bean Whole Madagascar Pure

No comments:

This Afternoon's Cooking Quote

"Don't Take Whisks" Unknown   LOL... but it's the taking of "whisks" that produces the best results!! ...